This series

Clueless
in CDMX

México City

August 8th to 26th, 2022

A collection of vignettes of a life lived, in a place I once called home. The biggest of big cities. Ciudad de México.

I remember the first time I flew into Ciudad de México (CDMX). Five am, September 2010.  Below me all I could see were the stars and scattered patches of pueblos, slowly merging like frayed fabric into one single blanket of light, smothering the vast valle de México. And later in the yellow glow of afternoon sun, I was held close within the swirl and sway of a smokey Norteño in the heart of Alameda Central… I was smitten. I had fallen in love with this place. A love affair that would make me call its faded edificios ‘my home’.

That was ten years ago. And in the turmoil of transient life since, it’s been well over five since I’ve returned. This isn’t a single tour, more a campaign to rediscovery old places, old friends and yet to be discovered memories.

it all starts here, with a collection of vignettes of a former life relived, right here, in this biggest of big cities.

previous episodes in this series

THe wheelmen on this trail

A Clueless Trails veteran, Azinfische (an expat Chilango) is returning to a former world and a former life. Sharing the backstreets and byways on the trails of México City and south to Oacaxa.

current Episode

#

South CDMX

Southern City charms

Southern CDMX is full of surprises and history. This day is the search for the old growing area of Parque Ecológico Xochimilco, the chinampas and to follow the Nacional Canal back into the heart of the city, all the way to La Merced.

The story so far

La Roma records

This one is for you AP.
# Arrival, México City

Days end… or beginning

Old haunts and memory.
# Arrival, México City

Neveria Roxy

Another institution dating back 75 years, with a range of flavours too difficult to pronounce. I’ve been looking forward to this.
# Arrival, Ice cream, México City

Hola tacos

Lunch. This place is an institution if you like offal. Two tacos for 50 pesos. Thinking of you Horse.
# Arrival, México City

And now it begins

After waiting four days my bike and belongings are finally here. Thank you United. They really are the friendly skies!
# Arrival, México City, United Airlines

Comments

Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks

creating Episode

#

South CDMX

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Current post

Strewn between the wires

Many edificios in Mexico City are adorned with Catholic symbolism, patron saints and the Virgin de Guadalupe. This one overlooks the Jardín Centenario in Coyoacán.

# México City, South CDMX

Comments

Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks

Suggest A destination

Give us a suggestion of a place to see, some people to meet or a place to eat!

img_2431
    Go on, give us a nudge. Leave a comment.x
    x